FORMERLY SHELLBROOK WILDLIFE FEDERATION
We are a member based, not for profit community organization dedicated to supporting sensible fish and wildlife conservation and habitat projects and outdoor sporting activities in the Shellbrook and Parkland Areas
Taking care of our fish and wildlife makes for a more successful fishing and outdoor experience.
Looking out for nature in a sensible way helps ensure a future for wildlife, fish and outdoor activities and a happier and healthier community. When we all do a little, we can do so much!
DUE TO COMMUNIST CHINA VIRUS 2019 OUR ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS ARE AT THE MERCY OF THE REACTION OF THE "AUTHORITIES". WATCH THIS SPACE FOR EVENTS THAT WE ARE ALLOWED TO PROCEED WITH and watch government regulations for your own guidance while on the ranges.
Cancelled by the Government VIRUS law restrictions... Saturday April 24 Fun Shoot cancelled at outdoor range.... We supply all kinds of our members' firearms and supervise. You just need to pay for the ammo you use. Big rifle, little rifle, big handgun, little handguns, shotguns.........
Federal PAL firearm license Course at Shellbrook Indoor Range evening of Friday June 25 and all day Saturday June 26 Call Ian for details 306 747 7796
SEE INDOOR RANGE TAB FOR INDOOR RANGE TIMES AND RULES AND SEE RANGE CLOSURES LISTED ABOVE
OUTDOOR 200 M RANGE OPEN TO MEMBERS ALL YEAR DURING AVAILABLE LIGHT TIMES EXCEPT FOR CLOSURES LISTED ABOVE AND OCCASIONAL SHORT MAINTENANCE CLOSURES
LONG RANGE/ACTION OUTDOOR 500 M RANGE WILL BE AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS 365 DAYS A YEAR DURING AVAILABLE LIGHT WITH THE ADDITIONAL LONG RANGE MEMBERSHIP PURCHASE OR PURCHASE THE PER DAY FEE, TO BE ANNOUNCED IN SUMMER 2021.
SEE OUTDOOR RANGE RULES BELOW
OUTDOOR RANGE IS 5 KM NORTH OF SHELLBROOK AND 6 KM WEST, WATCH FOR SHOOTING EMBLEM SIGN IN THE NORTH DITCH. TURN IN THE APPROACH AND TURN IMMEDIATE LEFT. FOLLOW THE TRAIL TO THE GATE. MEMBERS AND THEIR PAID SUV (SINGLE USE VISITORS) ONLY. SEE RULES BELOW.
LAKE COUNTRY WILDLIFE FEDERATION INC.
Indoor RANGE RULES N20
USE NORTH ENTRANCE OFF OF DR. FUNG DRIVE
Emergency 911 99 2nd St SW SHELLBROOK
GPS location 53 13’ 02” N 106 23’ 42” W first aid kit in clubhouse
(Some exceptions for club activities and for self insured rentals ie. SERM and gov. agencies)
- Member only shall use the range but you may bring a SUV (Single Use Visitor). To be legal, you must own a current Target club membership card. You, as a personal firearm shooter must ensure that you and your SUV shoot under the PAL regulations. You are legally responsible for your SUV who must be under your immediate supervision at all times while they are handling firearms or bows at the range and clubhouse.
- You must PRINT your name and your SUV name in the logbook for each visit. Follow the instructions on the wall to pay the visit fee for your SU visitor before you shoot ($45 penalty). Log-in is Federal required; failure to log in may result in member suspension or expulsion or charges.
- Range officer to be obeyed always. A Club member must be appointed by you as range officer. During a ceasefire, all guns/bows in use must be unloaded, empty, open and set down or on shooting bench pointing downrange and not handled ..... everyone must stay at least 1m from the bench. Do not load magazines at the bench during ceasefire except as directed by a range officer.
- Firing line shall be at 25m for allowed cartridges. Your paper or plastic targets must be placed on the plastic target face at the far south end of the range (no target stands). Exception: Handguns or rimfire cartridges only may be fired from the 10m firing line and wooden target stands, if used, may be put only at 3m line and only while shooting from the 10m firing line. Shoot only down a lane. Make sure that your shots are directed to enter bullet catcher backstop when using target stands.
- All live firing must be from one firing line and down a lane. The marked East Side range door is for emergency use only & shall remain locked when range is active.
- The Red light at the indoor range door entrance must be turned on when the range is active.
- Only Handgun cartridges or rimfire cartridges may be fired during personal shooting times; NO centrefire rifle cartridges or shotgun use. Carbine/rifle/shotgun slug use is regulated as LIMITED to ONLY during Club sanctioned events or as club executive approved.
- Absolutely NO armour piercing ammo, incendiary or tracers, etc.. Please make sure to hit low on the plastic target back with powerful or magnum cartridges. Please put brass in receptacles & put garbage in its own receptacle. Hearing protection and safety glasses should be worn.
- No Alcohol or intoxication or drug impairment. No smoking or e-cigs (public building charges/fines are applicable.) No foul language, no harassment, and no horseplay. No food or drink in the range area. All cig butts are put in the can outside the door.
- DO NOT fire any shots into wood or any place other than your lane’s target area. Anyone not following the rules and/or any unsafe person may be expelled and/or charged. Dangerous use of a firearm is a criminal offense and not following range rules may be considered dangerous use of a firearm. YOU are responsible to pay for the cost of all damages and/or all costs associated with liability/repair/replacement for damage to persons or property as a result of you and/or your SUV using the range. Don’t lend your fob. Security cameras are on to help keep our range safe.
- Markers & push points may be provided for your convenience- please return them to the holder can behind the left baffle. Turn on exhaust fan (west wall switch) to provide airflow & open rear ceiling roof slide INTAKE vents as needed.
- This range is looked after by volunteer members, do your part and volunteer to clean, etc.
When you leave (do the checklist on the inside of clubhouse door)
- Always check the website events, as the range will be closed during club authorized events.
- Member personal use shooting times for indoor range, see website or ask for sheet. No personal member use before 5 pm on weekdays (except executive authorized).
- Range contact: Lyndon Tieszen 466-7351 Ian Clark 747-7796 Lloyd Thomas 747-2999
This indoor range works on a non-profit (loss) situation.
Each of our good Volunteer actions keeps our range alive.
**********Outdoor 200m Range Rules ****** N19
This range is private property. It belongs to the Club. Trespassers will be prosecuted!
Lake Country Wildlife Federation & Lake Country Target Shooting Club Inc.
Emergency phone 911 GPS location 53 17’ 49” N 106 28’ 45” W First Aid kit is in the yellow booth.
These rules help this range to be used in a safe manner and to keep it open and useable under Canadian Law.
- The range is for member use all year (when weather accessible) except you must check club website sbrkwildlife.ca as the range is closed occasionally for club executive authorized events ….
- Members only! Memberships expire Dec 31. All shooters must shoot under the PAL regulations.
- By Federal Regulation you must print your and your SU Visitor names and date in the logbook at each visit before you shoot… and follow the instructions on the yellow box to pay the visit fee for your SUV before you shoot. (SUV 18 yr and under are free but must log in) (Exceptions: for self insured rentals ie. SERM or govt agencies or Club sanctioned events will just print renting organization name and persons in charge names using and date used.) This includes anyone using the range including archery must sign in.
- Members may bring a SUV (Single Use Visitor). Your SUV is your full legal responsibility … for safety and legality you must ensure that your SUV is continually under your immediate supervision. Memberships may be purchased at the Shellbrook Flower Shop or Arnie’s Guns or contact a club member. (It takes up to 16 days to get your new Fob activated or if your membership expires.)
- Your Key Fob is issued to YOU. All unauthorized range use is trespassing. Do not let other people in at the gate and do not lend your key fob. Lock the gate behind you, both when going in and out. Memberships help pay improvements and upkeep of the range. Do not cut firewood inside the range area.
- Range officer is to be obeyed at all times. A Club member of a shooting party should be appointed as your range officer for the entire firing line for rifle, pistol and shotgun use. At ceasefire: all guns must be unloaded, open & laid on shooting benches pointing downrange. NO FIREARM or MAG or AMMO at the bench SHALL BE TOUCHED during ceasefire without range officer permission!! All firearms must be handled/used in a safe manner & must ONLY be fired downrange from the firing bench/line toward the backstop. Anyone not obeying range rules and/or being unsafe face being expelled and/or charges. Everyone must stay behind the firing line/shooting bench frontwhen range is active. No aggressive (growling, barking, etc.) pets allowed on the range. Clean up after your pet. You are totally liable for your pet’s safety and your pets actions at the range regardless of the circumstances.
- Most handgun, rifle and shotgun cartridges can be used on this range (not .50 BMG). EXCEPTIONS: DO NOT shoot AT ANY metal targets with magnum type centrefire rifle cartridges or full metal jackets, titanium or armor piercing projectiles. The metal and wood of our range is expensive and can be damaged/destroyed by thoughtless shooters. Anyone who damages the metal, wood or other items on the range will pay for repair of damages & costs and will be expelled and/or charged. Security cameras in use.
- DO NOT fire any shots into wood posts or supports or framing in the target area. Targets must be paper or thin plastic targets, etc. or non-ricochet targets of other material. Legal silhouettes are allowed and Club approved targets. (No cans, bottles, fruit, liquid in containers, etc. for targets) Markers and push points may be provided- please return to the container. NO fruit or food targets. (NO Bear & pest invites)
- Vehicle use is limited down range. Please protect the fragile sand/grass surface.
- Absolutely No alcohol or drugs or intoxication on the property. No smoking or e cigs,
- vape within 15m of firing line. No foul language, no harassment, no horseplay, etc. allowed. No food or drink in the shooting area. Please take your garbage with you, especially food garbage (to avoid bear, insect, rodent problems.)
- Hearing protection and safety glasses should be used. Respect and obey all range signs.
- Please clean up the range when you are done. Please leave it better than you found it.
- Please put all brass and not any garbage in the brass container.
Emergency phone # is 911- First Aid Kit is available in Yellow booth - report if you use it so we can fill it.
Please report any damage in or around the range, or illegal users…. it will result in followup/prosecution.
Range contact: Lyndon Tieszen 466-7351 Ian or Barbie Clark 306-747-7796 Lloyd Thomas 747-2999
This range is cared for by volunteers, let’s leave our range better than we found it !!!!!!
Happy and Safe Shooting!!!!!